Monday, April 17, 2006

Kandisa

A decade ago, the only instrumental music I liked was the Soundscapes series released by Music Today. Then came enigma in college and later on at work, Indian Ocean. Today I went to their concert in DC. It was splendid. They are a lively group with effervescent Rahul Ram with his funny anecdotes.

The first album I heard of them was Kandisa and I was hooked, especially the song Kandisa. It has vocals in Armaic, the old language of Jesus's time. Its a beautiful soothing song and the words, though I could not understand, I could sense peace and tranquility in them. There are other songs that are qually good like "Ma Rewa", "Hillele le" etc. Their latest song "Banden" for the movie "Black Friday" is also brilliant.

More -
Wikipedia on Indian Ocean
Indian Ocean Website
Listen to Kandisa on musicindaionline.com
Listen to some of their other songs

No comments: