Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Kajra re

First time I heard this song from Bunty and Babli, I got up and danced. Thats what this song does to you. I checked out this song after hearing about Shankar Mahadevan being nominated for an award for this song. I keep listening to it time and again and end up dancing to it most of the times. I like it for its Indianness, the quawalli and the seetis. It is refershing to know this earthy track ruled the charts for a long time and went on to get awards. Alisha has got a beautiful voice and she knows how to mould it as the song requires. Sometimes I wonder why she does not sing often for films. It has been remixed by many to create different twists to the original score.

More -
Music review of Bunty and Babli
Listen to Kajra re
Listen to Jumbalika

No comments: